Monday, October 30, 2006

A few minor thoughts on the last weekend...

First off, Texas sucks. That game really exposed to the world how weak they are. Or at least that's what they'd be saying about Texas if Texas were ND. Instead, it's Texas had a courageous comeback against an upset-minded Texas Tech team. Because of their courageous comeback, they get moved up in the standings (well, their courageous comeback and USC finally actually choking one away to a crappy team instead of almost choking one away to a crappy team as they have been doing the last month or so.) And ND is the perpetually overrated media darling. Of course, noone's going to listen to me when I say this, but I have a theory:

ND is always overranked. Until the season starts. At which point, when they lose the first one, because there's a mindset of "ND is always overrated"(which is something that the same half the AP voters putting ND in the top five were writing as they were casting their ballot with ND written in at #1...), ND then gets dropped about 4-5 spots below where we would otherwise be. ND lost to Michigan, and after close wins against MSU and UCLA dropped in the minds of the voters. I note that at no point in either of those games was it a full three TD lead (and in the case of UCLA, never was ND down by as much as a TD, and I'd take even odds at worst in a UCLA-T.T. game).

Ah, hell... now I'm pissed at myself. I hate people who bitch and whine about getting screwed by the polls. But I've already started, so I may as well finish:

Goddamit, these poll voter asswipes are fucking us over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home