Sunday, October 22, 2006

Well, my bowling league started last Friday...

the genius of this particular league is, we bowl during happy hour. 2 buck 24 oz. drafts, and I get out of work 2 hours early to get them. And, I apparently have turned into a halfway decent bowler over the last three years or so, upping my average from ~135 to somewhere a little over 180 (as of the end of last year).

As for football, ND won, so I am happy, and I would bitch about the polls like all the other ND folk are likely to do, but I don't really give a shit about that. If we wanted to be higher, we should've beaten Michigan. Instead, we got our asses handed to us. That said, what I don't see so far in the reports of the game is this: Credit to Quinn for a pump fake that froze the defense and allowed Samardzija to break free for the easy reception, after which he only had one tackle to break on the way to the game winning TD. I have the game Tivoed, and watched that play about 15 times, and it's a thing of beauty to watch him set up about 3 UCLA defenders who had Shark bracketed, freeze the lot of them, and then roll out of the pocket and make the sure pass into a ton of space.

And then there's the Tigers- World Freakin Series! Woo-HOO! (ok, so they're only 1-1 in the WFS at the moment, but that just means they have to win 3 of 5. They can do that.) But Todd Fucking Jones (I'm pretty sure that's his legal name) is a damn heart attack. Why is it that this guy can't come out of the bullpen with a three run lead, get three quick outs, and go home? No, you've gotta come out, get 2 outs, put the winning run on base, then get that third out. Fucker. Maybe next year, Zumaya can be the closer. I have no doubt he can blow 12 pitches past 3 guys and get out of the ninth without a baserunner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home