Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Possibly the worst advertisement for an establishment ever

Some good and kind reader of Sheldon submitted this to the author of said strip, Mr. Kellett, who saw fit to distribute it in his blog that he includes in his e-mail subscription service, and for about the last month I have thought of this about every 2-3 days and it still brings out at the very least a chuckle, if not an outright belly-laugh:


Really... whose idea was this? "you know, we make some decent lunches here, and we sell bait and we have a gas pump outside- go make a sign that communicates this and don't spend three seconds proofreading it".

Because, anyone who looks at this sign (or at least, Dave Kellett, the person who sent it to him, me, and everyone I've shown it to) sees it as a cause and effect. Eat here- our food will give you gas... and worms. Now, I've eaten a lot of food that gives me gas, I have no problem with that. I'll go back to those places time and time again. But seldom do they put it on their signs, or in their ad slogans ("Taco Bell- Make a run for the bathroom"(this could be followed by a flushing noise instead of their bell)) But if I suspected a dining establishment of actually giving me parasites, I probably wouldn't return. Unless maybe I were a model who needed the skeleton chic look and could use a few extra organisms to digest my food so I don't actually get any nutrition from it. But I'm not, I'm actually fairly pudgy, and thus I wouldn't, and would likely sue if the situation arose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home