Monday, November 27, 2006

Well, with the football regular season over

I have this to say: This year was wholly unfulfilling, and has left me pissed off at missed opportunities.

I am highly grateful for that. Because being pissed off at missed opportunities is much, much better than the prior years where the year ended, we sucked, and I didn't give a rat's patoot. I'm much happier to be pissed off that we got whooped by USC than I was in, say, '03 when I had 4 tickets to the USC game and decided it wasn't worth the effort to go, and was proved right.

Now, it's on to the bowls. And everyone and his brother has said that ND is going to the Sugar Bowl, to face the SEC champ. But here's the thing: I'm not so sure ND won't go to the Rose, which everyone and his brother has said Michigan is going to go to. And I'm certain ND will not face Michigan. Because we already have. I have an odd feeling like the Rose, knowing that UM has been there most years since 2000, may decide to take ND, which hasn't been in the Rose since 19-dickety-six(we had to say dickety then, since the Kaiser had stolen our word 20), will be the more interesting team with a more interested fan base (Michigan folk have spent half of their new year's eve's this century in LA, they're looking for a new place to go, whereas ND has been here and there and everywhere but LA for a bowl...). So, with that said, I'm kind of thinking it'll be ND vs. the SEC champ (maybe second place) in the Rose, and UM vs. another SEC team in the Sugar.

Of course, I'm not that bright, so if you're smart, don't use this to be making your travel plans.

3 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, November 28, 2006, Blogger LaFortune Teller said...

Crazy Tom -

Saw your comment on Blue-Gray Sky that inquired about a Points-per-Possession analysis. My system is based on a stat I developed called Game Efficiency, a measure of a team's abilities to maximize its own possessions and minimize its opponent's. Check out the latest rankings at my blog: http://bcftoys.blogspot.com

 
At 5:55 PM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Michael Pigott said...

Off subject but could we Bama fans borrow Knute Rockne for a couple of years.

You know how we love our dead coaches.

 
At 4:50 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Crazy Tom said...

Well, I suppose you can have him as long as we get to have teh corpse of Joe Moore to beat the OL into shape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home